What can walking can do for you?
“So what can walking do for you?”
- Do you ever feel a bit gloomy or sad? Well, maybe all you need is a nice brisk walk. Studies have shown that taking time for a nice brisk walk can activate the release of chemicals which work to boost your mood and make you happier. (Rosenberg, Yael 2016)
- Would you like to feel smarter? According to research by the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, individuals that commit to a regular workout stimulate the growth of nerve development. (Goldstein, Lev 2016)
- Want to prevent or reduce the risk of developing heart disease? Since walking is an anaerobic exercise, your heart will be strengthened by it. And with a stronger heart, you will be able to better resist the development of heart issues such as heart disease (Rosenberg, Yael 2016)
- Want to lose weight? Nearly any type of exercise will cause you to lose weight. Through walking, you can burn off those calories that you have been holding in for a long time, allowing for a healthier weight range. (Goldstein, Lev 2016)
- Do you ever just want to relieve yourself of some stress? Walking is cardiovascular in nature and can commence stress reducing endorphins to develop and takes your mind off the harmful things in life. (Rosenberg, Yael 2016)
Goldstein, Lev. “The Benefits of Walking.” Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 29 June 2016. Web. 22 June 2017.
Rosenberg, Yael. “Improve Your Mood: Walking Helps Beat the Blues.” Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 21 Apr. 2016. Web. 22 June 2017.