How Rainwater May Become Too Contaminated for Drinking

How Rainwater May Become Too Contaminated for Drinking

How Rainwater May Become Too Contaminated for Drinking

01/13/23

“How may rainwater become too contaminated for drinking?”

Catching rainwater for later use is a commonly proposed solution for drought adaptation. But when adopting these systems, health and safety risks need to be understood. Contaminants such as viruses,, parasites, bacteria, and dust and smoke particles may find their way into the rainwater. If the rainwater is contained in an open roof system, then it can be exposed to bird waste and insects. An older building may have materials such as asbestos and lead that can poison the water. These are all reasons why adaptation planners will need to consider How Rainwater May Become Too Contaminated for Drinking.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s