Climate Adaptation Research Intern
Isaac’s Science Blog is seeking a self-motivated university student to join as a Climate Adaptation Research Intern to perform independent scholarship into climate change adaptation issues in California and Greece. The Intern’s responsibilities include:
- Writing three 1200 word articles analyzing climate adaptation topics in California and Greece.
- Providing a description of the fundamental science behind each problem and compare and contrast how each problem affects California and Greece.
- Give policy recommendations for how to implement climate change adaptation procedures in California and Greece in a just and equitable manner.
- Explain unintended ramifications of current and potential policies.
- Give at least 4 citations of academic works per article.
- Reach out to 1 professional working in the field per article, including at least 1 in Greece.
- Give a public virtual PowerPoint presentation summarizing research work at the end of the session.
A desirable candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Be currently enrolled as undergraduate student in a university
- Interested in embedding DEI concepts into the DNA of the process.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and “people” skills.
- A keen mind for research and social justice.
- Demonstrated outside-of-the-box thinking.
The amount of work done over Summer can be expanded over negotiation.
Seniority Level: Entry-level Intern
Employment Type: Part-time Temporary
Time Period: 12 weeks during Summer 2021 including a 1 week vacation.
Industry: Research, Environmentalism.
Job Function: Research, writing.
Pay: Negotiable but starting at $100/article.
To Apply, please send in a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due Wednesday March 31st. Selected candidates will move to the next round for an interview session.
About the Organization
Isaac’s Science Blog is an internationally recognized research and educational institution dedicated to delivering the latest in Climate Adaptation. Based in Oakland California, we have a global reach to every country in the world.